Notice that Seksan design likes to use stones as one of their landscaping elements? yup, stone makes an attractive, low-maintenance landscape. The artful application of landscaping stone could enhance the natural elements that you have put in like your plants and shrubs.
Types of Stones Used for Landscaping
- Sandstone Landscaping: The most common colors of sandstone used for landscaping are buff, brown, blue, black and pink. They are usually used for making walls.
- Slate Landscaping: The common colors used for landscaping are black, green and red. These stones are very strong and resistant to water.
- Marble Landscaping: These are fine grained. The common shades are pink, white, black, yellow and brown. These stones are strong and have high water absorption. They are used mostly as slabs for walls and for paving.
- Limestone Landscaping: These stones have very low water absorption. They are used for walls and the common shades are grey, black, white and buff.
- Granite Landscaping: These are fine to medium-course grained and are very strong. They are used for walls and stepping stones. The common shades are pink and red.
And because we like Seksan design so much, we tried to replicate his ideas into our garden :-) wink wink. This is a snapshot of our yet-to-be-completed garden (aerial view-taken from a camera phone)